Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a leader in basic research, uncovering fundamental principles of biology and life.
To help translate our cutting edge basic science into the clinic, CSHL has created a number of opportunities for translational research and training. CSHL offers programs for clinicians at all stages of their career to bridge the gap between basic research and improved patient care.
- Summer Research Internship for Medical Students (SRIMS)—A unique opportunity for medical students from the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell to do a summer research internship at a CSHL.
- Northwell Health Resident Research—Northwell Health medical residents (within the Cancer Institute or Division of Hematology/Oncology) may perform a one year research project at CSHL. To learn more, contact Jessica Gotterer at email@example.com.
- CSHL Clinical Fellows — Research opportunity for excellent physician-scientists who have finished their clinical training and certifications and are seeking to expand their research expertise.
- CSHL and Hofstra Northwell Health Clinical and Translational Fellowship — This ACGME-accredited Translational Research Training track of the Medical Oncology/Hematology Fellowship Program is a training opportunity for physicians who have completed their residency. CSHL will participate in the Fellowship in conjunction with Hofstra Northwell Health School of Medicine and the North Shore Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center Division of Medical Oncology.
- Donaldson Translational Fellows — Recently graduated Ph.D.s or M.D.s and M.D./Ph.D.s, who have completed most of their clinical training, can pursue translational research at CSHL in collaboration with Northwell Health.