Our innovative doctoral program includes the following key features:
- Approximately four to five years from matriculation to Ph.D.
- A broad representation of the biological sciences
- A first year with course work and laboratory rotations in separate phases
- Emphasis on the principles of scientific reasoning and logic as well as the importance of ethics and effective communication
- Continued advanced course instruction throughout the graduate curriculum
- Extensive mentoring and support in large part through our “two-tier” mentoring program