Watson School of Biological Sciences
Innovative Ph.D. program
Our innovative doctoral program includes the following key features:
- Approximately four to five years from matriculation to Ph.D.
- A broad representation of the biological sciences
- A first year with course work and laboratory rotations in separate phases
- Emphasis on the principles of scientific reasoning and logic as well as the importance of ethics and effective communication
- Continued advanced course instruction throughout the graduate curriculum
- Extensive mentoring and support in large part through our “two-tier” mentoring program
Message from Dean Alexander Gann
Welcome to the Watson School of Biological Sciences....
How the mouse got its stripes
March 22, 2018
Dr. Hopi Hoekstra, Prof. of Zoology, Harvard University, spoke at the 21st Gavin G. Borden lecture about how the African striped mouse got is stripes...
Watson School of Biological Sciences' 2018 Commencement Convocation
Sunday, April 29, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On Sunday April 29th, the CSHL community will celebrate the Lab's newest Ph.D. graduates...