Archival research services & fees
The CSHL Archives provides access to our materials to scholars, students, educators, and the public for research purposes.
The CSHL Archives offers a number of services to assist researchers utilizing our collections. These services include:
- Providing on-site access to our collections (by appointment only).
- Providing access to our materials online via our Digital Collections Database and Digital Archives Repository.
- Scanning material that is currently unavailable online.*
- Answering general reference questions regarding our collections.
- Conducting in-depth topical research using material from our collections.*
- Working with scholars to promote their work by organizing presentations to the scientific community here at CSHL.
- Additionally, we manage the rights to the images in our collections and can work with publishers to secure permission for reproductions.*
* For associated fees please see our Archival Research Fees.
|Special reference/research requests||$40.00/hr|
|In-house film shoot||$100.00/per request|
Digitization Service Fees
|Scanning, cost per digital image created||$10.00|
|Duplicate scan (creation of specific file type such as, TIFF, JPEG, etc.)||$5.00|
|Duplication of existing CD/DVD||$5.00|
|Conversion of VHS tape to DVD||$50.00|
|Conversion of CD/DVD to Digital File (mp3, mov, etc.)||$50.00|
|Outsourced digitization and duplication orders (in addition to vendor charges)||$30.00|
|Use of personal camera in the reading room||Free|
See our Permission Fee page