Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) provides complimentary shuttle service transportation for employees, students, and visitors to and from Main Campus and the Syosset Long Island Railroad station, Uplands Farm, Woodbury Genome Center, and neighboring town of Huntington. The CSHL Shuttle Service is run by the Facilities Department, which is located in the Richards Building. We serve the entire campus community and our scheduled routes are based on average ridership levels. This CSHL shuttle service runs year-round except on observed holidays, Sundays, and or when there are hazardous road conditions due to inclement weather.
The schedule is based on the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) train schedule, and is subject to change.
For inquiries about this shuttle service, or to be added to the notifications mailing list, please email email@example.com.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8 p.m. (“On-call” times 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Saturday (Huntington Town shuttle only) 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Ride requests for local destinations are available during our on-demand period (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and are subject to driver availability. Please refer to the CSHL Shuttle Schedule for all other service. Ride requests will be accepted until 4:45pm.
- Ride requests should be made through the “CSHL Shuttle” app which can be found in the app store of your choice. (Android/iOS). Use Access Code CSH2355 when registering.
- When you request a ride, the app will direct you to your closest pick-up area and provide with your driver’s ETA. If you have a ride that is extremely time sensitive, please consider using a taxi or ride share service.
- On scheduled Arrival days, the CSHL Shuttle will be running shuttles between Syosset LIRR station and Main Campus from 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Please download the “CSHL Shuttle” app which can be found in the app store of your choice (Android/iOS) and Use Access Code CSH2355 when registering. During Arrival days, the drivers will be following the Grace <> LIRR Route. You will be able to monitor where the drivers are via that route map. Drivers will do their best to time the pickups to the incoming trains. Depending on ridership, you may experience a wait.
- On scheduled Departure days, the CSHL shuttle will run continuous shuttles between 10:00am and 2:00pm, and will follow the LIRR train schedule.
- Shuttle Vans will pickup and drop off on the north side (CVS, Fire Station) of the station at the bottom of the track overpass.
- The CSHL Shuttle does not provide service between CSHL and off-site hotels. Please contact the Meetings & Courses office at 516-367-8346 with any questions or concerns regarding transportation to and from these locations.
**Masks are strongly encouraged, and wearing them is at the driver’s discretion**
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone interfering with the safety operation of the vehicle.
Small children must ride in age appropriate car seats/boosters provided by the rider. Drivers do not provide or install child seats. Please call ahead to let us know that a child will be in the vehicle so adequate time can be provided to install the car seat/booster.